Monday 7 February 2011

Introduction

Good evening ladies and gentlemen. I feel foolish writing this first post as i am fairly certain that it will not succeed but even if it helps me a little then its worth it... right? Well i guess i will just have to wait and see what happens, with a bit of luck my amazingly captivating posts hopefully this blog will help me on my way back into the arms of God.
Enough of the self doubt, I guess an introduction is in order (at the moment i wont be giving out my personal info such as my name which is silly I know but oh well). I am a university student from England, currently studying for my bachelors of science degree in archaeology. Archaeology has been my number one passion since I was old enough to bore my family and friends to death with stories of my future in archaeology! Lets be honest, who really takes a 3 year old seriously when they blabber on about their "future" jobs.... Well i guess I'm proof that maybe children speak more sense then we give them credit for. I was born 22 years ago into a loving family who have always and will forever stick by me through thick and thin (even though at times forever seems TOO long). My father is not religious and my mother is an out of practice Roman Catholic, quite cheekily and greedily I was baptised and introduced into the Roman Catholic church for one reason and one reason only... to get a guaranteed place at our local school.
     From there on my religion grew quickly as prayer and mass were daily activities and I LOVED every moment of it! However between the ages of 5 and 11 I had many tests of faith which I was far too young to understand and not strong enough to deal with and turned my back on my religion. I am not proud of this fact but it is part of who I am and I am proud of that.
    To cut a long story short between the ages of 11 and 20 I openly attacked my faith every chance I got. I was jealous of the faith people had, the faith I myself once had but could not regain. I always knew something was missing, part of me was lost and I was not happy without it, I was extremely desperate to find it and finally I have.
    Over the last 2 years I have been regaining my faith in God. It is not an easy task but day by day I can feel my faith growing and blossoming into something great. I feel complete as a person again, I can feel the holy spirit around me, in my actions, my words, in all that I am.
So that is that, a boring short introduction to what this blog will be about. So feel free to follow me as I regain my faith in God and through what ever life throws my way (I apologize in advance for the dullness and the inevitable endless posts on archaeology and my excavations!!).

Yours
One of God's children.

No comments:

Post a Comment